Monday, February 7, 2011

Tybee - more ebb and flow


My husband and I are sitting between a couple of small sand dunes, looking out toward the water to the distant horizon of sky and sea. I can hear the persistent droning of a small plane as it circles around Tybee Island. Today is blissfully sunny. The breeze has a distinct nip, hence the sand dune location, which blocks the worst of the wind. Waves gently hit the sand - unseen from my current location but heard nontheless. Several seagulls sit about 50 yards from us, checking for signs of food in our writing bags. Sorry, fellas!
Just as we are huddled between sand mounds, Savannah is between two rain systems. One moved out yesterday, after two dismal, mind numbing days of steady drizzle and downpour; another will be upon us tomorrow. This evening is "Super Bowl" time. I'm betting I will have plenty of sub teaching opportunities tomorrow...
My life is still "up in the air" - will I get offered another teaching job ever? Will I continue as a sub? Can I afford to be a sub? What will be my second act at age 50? Do I want to go back to school? Could I even do that while my son is in college? I am grateful, with so many questions, to be in a "no obligation" situation for now. No contracts, no worries. Ebb and flow, ebb and flow....

No comments:

Post a Comment