Sunday, January 23, 2011

January passages...











I haven't posted anything all month, due to recent life events. My mother-in-law, who suffered from bipolar disorder all of her life and multiple sclerosis for a decade, passed away December 31st, after being in ICU for almost three months. Thankfully she was in a hospice facility for the last two days; wish my stepfather-in-law would have accepted hospice care sooner. My husband and his brother logged many hours at the hospital. Interestingly enough, my husband Mark was present for the sudden death of his father from a heart attack almost 30 years ago, and he was present when his mother also took her last breath. She loved the beach, so I'm posting a couple of pics in her honor...




I'm finishing up a long term sub job as a teacher's aide in a kindergarten inclusion class tomorrow. I've learned a lot about teaching younger kids, which was helpful since most of my experience is with 4th-8th grades. I've also been able to work with students with Downs Syndrome, which was a new experience. I was recently moved into another regular kindergarten class to work only with one conduct disorder child from the previous room. I am all for inclusion, except when a child who hurts others has the right to stay in the mainstream. I'm happy to be finishing up, as this one-on-one situation is not my cup of teaching tea! So....I'll be back in the sub pool again, waiting for the phone to ring....








No comments:

Post a Comment