Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas from Savannah, Georgia!











I'm going to post some recent beach pics. I will walk on the beach, unless it is very, very, very cold - say freezing or below! Our unusually cold temps have resulted in probems for some sea life. I saw the remains of a sea turtle wash up on shore this week, plus numerous starfish.








I'm relieved to have a mental and physical break from my teacher's aide job. It was fun to experience the anticipation of Christmas through the eyes of kindergartners! I say a little glitter on your clothes, your body, your hair, your food just makes everything more festive....:)








Pondering end of life and quality of life issues, as my mother-in-law is once again in the hospital with complications from MS. This has been going on since October. Before, though she was confined to bed pretty much, she could feed herself and carry on a conversation. Now you cannot understand her when she tries to speak, and she has oxygen, IVs, feeding tube and catheter. I'm praying for her comfort, and for mercy. This has been hard on my husband, his brother, and her husband. My family is in Virginia, and I didn't feel like trying to travel there. I've been busy this morning cooking, to send food to family members taking shifts at hospital. The ability to see, hear, taste and touch is a wondrous thing, as well as the ability to move around and experience life!

No comments:

Post a Comment