Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Balancing act


I'm trying to stay balanced right now - not fall down, literally and figuratively! Here I am in the month of December, working in a long term temp job helping a special needs kindergarten class. Every day we do a few exercises in class, to stretch and change activities. News flash! It ain't easy balancing on one leg holding the other when you are 50 years old!
In southern Georgia we are having an artic blast, with highs in the 40s this week. At least that constitutes an arctic blast to us. I did not walk on the beach last weekend, but did the weekend before, and took these pics.
I would probably need major meds to live further north, as I have felt sorta depressed last two weeks. I attribute this to ---end of life issues with my mother-in-law being so ill, a series of car repairs, a very tight budget, a son going to college. But enough whine...To put this all in perspective, my husband and I went to an art show featuring a student of his who is battling brain tumors. Now that's a REAL challenge! I just need a little more time in the sun...and another beach walk - whether it's 40 degrees or 60 degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment