Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cool but cozy...




At last! Cool fall weather in southern Georgia! I made my first fire of the season last night, and my first "real" fire in about six years (not using fake logs). I forgot how wonderful wood smells and crackles...ahhh..Hubby and I watched Men Who Stare at Goats, which spoofed the psychic craze the army tried to get in on decades ago, and lots of laughs about army procedures and funding. Very strange movie but had cute guys in it as well (George Clooney and Ewan McGregor).




Changes in my employment life...I was offered a temp job as a teacher's aide in an inclusion kindergarten class. My contract ends in mid March, with possiblity of extending it. Don't know if I will do that. For $10 an hour I am CONSTANTLY busy with kids or taking instructions from the teacher. I love helping the kids though, especially the two in the room with Down's Syndrome, and one who is physically handicapped. However, there is one kid with behavior problems, and he is a challenge to keep up with...I also attended a meeting about a new private school that is starting up in the area for next year. If the school gets in enough students in the upper grades (4th,5th,6th) I will possibly have a teaching job for next year. Don't want to get my hopes up...




I am headed soon to the beach, for a brisk walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment