Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Twisting and turning with the flow


I'm so happy to see blue sky this morning, even if the temps are in the 40s right now. I'm heading to the grocery first, then later a walk at a federal park near where I live (which also has some beach area as well). I start another sub job on Wednesday, to continue through next week.


A friend and former colleague buried her husband yesterday; he succumbed to pancreatic cancer late last week. He was diagnosed last spring, and fought the good fight with surgery and chemo. Certainly this has led to a lot of parallels, as my husband started with health problems last spring; his situation had a happier ending, at least for now. I am reminded and humbled by the knowledge that life is a precious gift, and none of us know the number of our days.


Like this photo of the tide meandering through channels on the sandbar, our lives take unexpected twists and turns.

No comments:

Post a Comment