Sunday, January 17, 2010

Changing days, changing tides


I have been sub teaching for two weeks, with more jobs lined up. I am so appreciative now of having a paycheck! Most importantly, I felt that I was using my training and talents. Those two weeks, incidentally, were two of the coldest I ever remember experiencing in the deep south! We are back to more seasonable weather, with a high today in the 60s. Since it was Sunday, my husband and I took a beach walk (of course!). I like to think of nature as God's sanctuary. I never really felt close to God in a church (the exception being a couple of one of a kind experiences in churches in Europe.) I do feel an overwhelming sense of peace and fulfillment in a natural setting. Just as there are days/times of inclement weather, there are days of sunshine and warmth!

No comments:

Post a Comment