Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Being Different

My husband and I have been downloading a lot of movies from Netflix over the two week teacher holiday, as there is very little to watch on basic cable right now. Two nights ago we watched "Phoebe in Wonderland," about a 10 year old girl being diagnosed with Tourette's syndrome. I highly recommend this movie to every teacher and parent, especially if you have limited experience with students who learn differently. I have started subbing again, as I noted in previous posts, and will be going back to one of my previous employers - a private school dedicated to students who learn differently. This post tonight is in honor of those who don't quite fit in, those who ask the wrong questions or say the wrong thing, those who go to the left when everyone else goes to the right, those who obsess over the miniscule to bring order and sense to the world - you are a precious gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment