Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year Resolutions/Past Year Remembrances


I haven't posted in months..time to get back to it!  My biggest news is that my husband and I (and possibly my 20 year old son) will be moving to Amherst, Virginia in 6 months - 2 years.  My husband is set to retire from teaching in two years, unless he leaves earlier than anticipated.  Due to changes in the educational focus at his middle school, his job as a computer teacher has been eliminated, and he has to find something new.  He may just decide to retire early!  I visited my folks in October, and we found a house at a great price (before real estate prices rise).  I'm thinking of moving there early if I can find a job.  Guess I will have to start a new "mountain" blog!  The only place I love as much as Savannah's shore is the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia.  This picture is of my grandfather's childhood home.  He worked to maintain the basic structure while he was alive.  He is buried in the family cemetery on the land.

A pretty tree and old tractor I saw on one of my Virginia walks.

Back on Tybee, enjoying the ocean, whether rough seas or calm...


I'm not into New Year's Resolutions; rather, I like to review the year's accomplishments and challenges. 
 Sort of a way of patting myself on the back and saying, well, I'm still standing and I'm grateful for it!  My most fervent wish for each new year remains the same -  that I and everyone in the world can find some measure of peace and hope, and have basic needs met.  A tall order, huh?

For me, the biggest challenges of 2012 were the death of my brother-in-law, due to a sudden heart attack, and the death of my almost 14 year old Jack Russell terrier.  Living in a coastal area, my heart goes out to those who lost loved ones and homes in storms and floods this year.

Happy New Year and Peace to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment