Wednesday, July 4, 2012

In remembrance....

Today is July 4th, so I'm posting my favorite picture that I took of the flag at the Ft. Pulaski entrance, just after sunset one summer evening.  Remembering all  the battles our country has fought  - always hoping one day battles won't be necessary...

This is a picure of a Tybee sunset that I took as dolphins passsed along the channel.  You can see a mother and pup if you look closely!  I am posting this in honor of my brother-in-law Vince, who passed away on June 25th at age 49.  He always liked my pictures, and this was his favorite - he had an enlargement on his wall.  He died of a heart attack on his mother's birthday.  She died a year and a half ago.  She suffered from MS, and required constant care in her last years.  Vince did much of the day to day care until she passed.  He was a big guy with a big heart, but his heart just could not sustain him any longer.  He died suddenly and peacefully in the arms of a dear friend, perhaps the sort of death that any of us would wish for, when our time comes.  Vince, you will be greatly missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment